ARTWORK FROM BOOK 2!
Six months after Book 1, going to show short animatic of where the characters are. In the thick of animation and design and production, still a very far way to go, but lots of great concepts:
- Opening of Book 2 in a festival in the sourthern water tribe, gentle snow falling, lanterns, circus games, A PAINTING OF A MUCH LARGER SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE!
- Southern Water Tribe has a beautiful banquet hall made of ice
- Great landscapes, storms, ominous rock formations
- “Mysterious location they’re journeying to in this storm, with cool spooky lighting”, harkens back to the glow Aang’s iceberg had
- Naga and Korra exploring the mysterious location
- Twisted roots coming out of ice walls
- Southern Air Temple all spruced up
- Vistas, base of the mountain around the temple, very gentle, “misty kind of Chinese mountains”
- Ancient air bender site
- SPIRIT WORLD!!!!
- Explore the spirits, background, creation of the Avatar
- Older Gaang!
- The Krew
- Korra is very similar, longer sleeves, very athletic, Mandarin a-symmetrical top, looks a little meaner
- Mako get’s a coat! Still has the scarf
- Bolin has an AWESOME green parka
- Asami takes over her fathers company, more business attire
- STILL A BADASS THOUGH, Goggles, and updated racing leathers
- Tenzin gets ANOTHER claok
- BUMI BUMI BUMI HAS PINK EAR MUFFS, Kya will also appear, Bumi definitely has the same spirit as the old king. Bit of a pot belly since we last saw him
- KYA! No dreds, has a half moon necklace, bit of a hippy, FAVORITE SONG IS SECRET TUNNEL, has a special bond with Jinora
- The Avatar parents get an update, going to see more of Korra’s parents this season, Korra’s dad was thought of initially to be like a line backer physically
- Flashback to Tonraq in his early 20’s, shirtless XD
- Tonraq brother, “Unolok”??? will be appearing! Very posh, to bring up the relationship between the north and south tribes
- Korra's twin cousins Female
- Verick???, Howard Hughes, little bit of a playboy guy, Captain of Industry, more humorous, great rapport with Bolin, VERY BRIGHT PURPLE CLOAK, Southern Water Tribe descent
- Spirits! shadowy creature? Can’t even describe!
Fancied up storyboard:
- - Probending! Fire Ferrets agains the —— Lions (missed it), Bolin giving pep talk…to TWO ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Go down as the fastest knockout in probending history XD - Mako is on a fancy bike, chasing…waterbenders past a Wendy’s XD Intense chase scene, and he takes down the truck! “Looks like you had some car trouble, good thing the police are here.” - ASAMI FLYING A PLANE, Nearly bankrupt because of her father’s reputation, sounds confident, but sercretly worried - Pema being heckled by her three eldest and Korra riding around on air scooters, Korra goes into the Avatar state to win the race, Tenzin overhears, and scolds her - Naga barking, weird shadow spirit appears in the distance, attacks Korra, pins her down….fade out - Korra goes Avatar state to fight the creature, into the festival Quote: So Mako has become a cop, and now Bolin is struggling to find his place in the world. TO BECOME A MAAAAN. Andrea found the end to Noatok and Tarrlok absolutely shocking.
“It’s a kids show! ” - Mike (what??? they're not dead? O_o...) Andrea only relays to the kids the things from the script that will lead them in their performance, makes it as easy on the actors as possible. - Team Avatar will travel to the Southern Water Tribe. They'll visit a festival with glowing lanterns that warm up the snowscape scenery. Beautiful. - Korra will travel through a storm to find a glowing iceberg. Spirit world? The ice cave looks very reminiscent to the iceberg Aang was trapped in. - We saw concept art of the Southern Air Temple. Inspired by Chinese art, it's a stone structure enhanced with yellow and orange skies, lush vegetation growing over it. - Book 2 will explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and Konietzko hints that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World. - Then we saw some new costumes. Korra will have new threads inspired by Mandarin, asymmetrical fashion. Mako and Bolin will get big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination (Mako loves that red scarf). - Asami is now the head of her dad's Future Industries, so she's gone corporate! Luckily, she has an alternate costume, an airship look that makes her a double for Amelia Earhart. - Book 2 will bump up Bumi, a fan favorite and brother of Tenzin, to a regular character. He's got a big potbelly which fits his wacky personality. - His sister Kya will also be a regular player. Dubbed a hippie by "Konietzko," Kya's big into healing. - Korra's expanded family will be introduced. The creators mentioned that Korra was inspired by MMA fighter Gina Carano, which explains her build. It also explains why her entire family is ripped. - Book 2 called "Spirits" and takes place six months after Book 1. if you have more links to images/information please leave them in the commentes